Monday, December 19, 2016

A few years go by and now I'm back trying to figure out how to change credit card info

I received my new credit card in the mail, a replacement for my soon to expire one. I love how credit card companies don't rely on me to remind them that I need an updated card.

I recalled that a few years ago when I got a new credit card (same number, different expiry date) good old Presto closed all my accounts.

This time, I'm ready. I immediately log onto the Presto website to update my card info.  The site has understandably changed in the intervening years, but one thing remains constant: there's no straightforward way to do what I need to do.

Using the quick links: which one would you start with?
I started with "Account Profile" thinking that would be the most logical place to update my credit card info. Nope. I can change my username, password,  and contact info like phone and address. But wait, there's a link in the left sidebar for "manage autoload" - I'll try that!

"Manage Autoload" looks like it only lets me change the amount of the autoload, not credit card info. Strike two. But there are three tabs "1. Details, 2. Review, 3, Done." So I click on "next" to see what happens under the "review" tab when I haven't changed the amount of autoload.

Presto! Now I can create a new account since Presto automatically canceled all my accounts when I got my new credit card. Yes, Presto cancels my accounts when I get a new credit card, rather than, say, notify me to update my info. 

Now: do I choose "credit card, or "keep existing payment method"? I'm going to play the even odds and choose "credit card. 


(Because I created different Presto card accounts for my family at different times, I can't just update my info once, I need to log into five accounts and do each individually.) 

Note: I love using Presto when I'm going places on transit, it's awesome. But this kind of backend stuff is disappointing (and annoying), and an example of why I decided to start this blog: 



Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment